Friday, June 16, 2006

Roast... Asparagus

Duckies!

I had some unexpected visitors this week. I hadn't been expecting to use my pool anyway, so I almost didn't even get to see them. But as I left my apartment, there they were, making me want to go for a swim.

What made the momma duck decide to go for a day trip to the pool today? And how did she know to use the pool, how did she keep the ducklings from going into the hot tub? How did she plan on getting them back out when they were done with their swim? She could jump out, but the duckling that tried hit his head on the side of the pool and fell back into the water with a splash. Not the size of the splash the momma made when she realized the ducklings couldn't follow, but a fairly hefty splash for a critter of that size anyway.

Why did the other 10 ducklings stay home when I saw her swimming in the pool again last night?

So many questions come from just seeing a duck paddling its way through a swimming pool. So many mysteries of the universe to unravel. It makes me wonder what questions I'd have if I looked out one morning and saw a tuna swimming around in the pool. I suppose I'd start wondering if the pool was safe, or if there was a danger of a man-eating shark.

Or maybe I'd just wonder... when's lunch?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*squeal*

Happy? :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

Of course!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home