Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Radioactive, But Not a Lobster

I'm at it again. It's not my fault, though. I've not been around long enough to be at blame here. Someone else invented the English language and made such fun words. And I can't really be blamed for abusing it at every possible opportunity.

There I was, driving down the road, minding my own business, when a thought jumped out of nowhere and smacked me right between the eyes. I, of course, ignored it and kept driving, hoping that nobody would call me on a hit and run. I didn't realize just how persistent those thoughts can sometimes be. Another couple of bends later it threw itself out from behind a tree and right into my path. This time I hit it right between its eyes, but somehow it still managed to stick with me.

Those thoughts can be really persistent, so I figured I might as well go ahead and think it. But once I'd given it that much of a foothold, I really couldn't get rid of it until it decided to let go. So there I was, in my car, driving down the road, and I started to think about really good fun words and phrases.

Mostly the thoughts that followed the one sitting in my passenger seat were pretty mundane and easy to leave behind. "Tuna conspiracy" and "circle of time" were pretty boring. "odi et amo" was pretty good, but it's been used before, and I couldn't seem to remember the rest of it. Still, my unwelcome guest was relentless, and his visitors kept coming.

"Tree traversal" "existence and being" "radioactive lobster" I really need to get my car washed, they were like bugs circling for blood. But one finally managed to find its way in, and I think removed "queue" and "tuna" as my favorite words.

rerenderer: n. one who splits erbium again

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home