Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Day at the "Beach"




I went to the beach, not the set of some bad 60's beach movie. But the sky was such a uniform shade of blue that it looked like it had simply been painted on. It was pretty hard to tell that it was a real, honest beach. If you ignored the waves crashing on the shore and the birds flying around and the frisbees that you kept having to duck to avoid being decapatated.

Still, it doesn't much look like a beach, it looks like a movie set. Arranged just so, to give the best effect for the camera when it panned across to the bonfire a couple of feet away. (Not that there was actually a bonfire; then the painted-blue sky might have a bit more white.) It makes me wonder, though, if I were actually at the beach, even though I knew I had to have been. My feet wouldn't have frozen from the waves crashing into them on a soundstage in Hollywood.

But looking back, seeing the pictures I took, still I wonder. At least I don't have to wonder too much. Not unless I begin to also wonder if my name's actually Truman. And I know that's not the case. Otherwise there probably wouldn't have been a sign just over the rise.

It really messes up the frame, and any self-respecting director would have surely had it removed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home