Tuesday, May 30, 2006

On Top of the World



I never really spent much time playing 'king of the hill' growing up. It was always too painful, being pushed down, trampled on, and didn't help that there wasn't a decently-sized hill for miles and miles and miles. It always seemed a silly game, and I'd much rather have read a book. But I suppose that some things simply don't have the proper fingers needed for correctly being able to read books (or at least to turn the pages; try turning pages with a beak too much, and all you have left is a nest).

It's not surprising, I suppose, that some birds are masters of the game. But in my own defense, it's easier when there's nobody else around. And moreso when they think you're playing 'king of the hill', but you're really playing 'king of the picnic table'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home