Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fast Food Empire

Sunset

I went to Yosemite this weekend. It was a fairly last-minute decision, and then my procrastination made finding a hotel even more difficult, so we ended up simply driving there and back in a day. A long, long day. A very, very, very, long, long day.

I hoped to stay longer, I hoped to see (and take pictures of) the stars, although I forgot that the moon was going to be so full washing most of the stars out of the sky. But we did stay until sunset, putting us back much too early (late?) in the morning.

The problem with staying so long was that I'd not brought anything for dinner and thus had to stop somewhere on the drive home to grab some food. Which really shouldn't have been a problem, but when I'd waited in line for ten minutes, and none of the six people ahead of me had yet to be served.. I wonder though, were they served by the time I was nestled safely in bed? How long will fast-food workers stay after closing hours to feed the ten people still waiting in line? Is this why some fast food places simply never close?

And thus, the questions that I ponder while I drive home late at night with little to keep my attention other than the castles off of the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home