Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Unidentified Flickering Objects

It had been a decently smooth flight. "Had been" being the key words in that sentence. About half an hour out, we started to get clouds. Ten minutes out, we started to get thunder and lightning.

It was a dark and stormy night, although there was no rain. Just lightning. And probably some thunder, but we couldn't hear it over the roar of the plane's engines.

The first few flashes, I wasn't really sure what I'd seen. Lightning, fireworks, or maybe just someone's computer reflecting momentarily off my window. I didn't know. I kept watch, but saw no more.

For a while, anyway. As we began to lower through the clouds, again there was a bright flash, right outside my window it seemed, as the plane hit a pocket of turbulence. A woman a few rows back screamed. Several other passengers snickered.

And again, I didn't know the origin of the light. Again, it could be lightning, but it might also be that the lights on the wings flashed just as they hit a pocket of cloud, diffusing the light. Or maybe it was that UFO that'd been following me for a couple of days. I had no way to be sure.

Once we finally landed, though, once I got into the car and we started on our way, again I saw a bright flash in the sky. This time, I knew it was lightning.

And I knew previously, it'd been a close escape from a UFO.

2 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

Twilight zone.

Q

4:36 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

Actually, it was a bit closer to dark.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home