Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Something To Come Home To

I want a pet. I could probably have a cat or dog without much of a problem. Well, other than the fact that I don't much care for dogs thesedays. When I was younger and they lived outside and dad would feed them when I forgot (which was almost every day, of course), I liked dogs. But then I learned. Cats are so much more interesting and fun, and don't mind having the apartment to themselves, 'cause then they can jump on all the furniture and invite all their friends over and have a huge party as long as they get it mostly cleaned up before I get home. But not dogs.

And in my apartment, I could have a cat. Or two, so they'd have some company when I'm gone all day long, or out of town for a weekend or three. I could have a cat, but I'm around so rarely it seems. So I will do without.

But I still want a pet. Not a dog, I guess not a cat. Fish aren't fun enough, but are really nice to look at. So a good conversation piece, but it won't curl up with you at night. Same with birds and lizards tickle too much when you're trying to sleep. That and the neighbors appreciate them less when they get mad and run away from home.

No, dogs, cats, birds, fish, lizards, snakes, crickets, flys, all the normal pets aren't going to work for me. I'm looking for something different. I think I want a pet hippogriff. You'd think that they wouldn't like to curl up in bed at night either, or if they did it'd be very uncomfortable in my small bed. But you've obviously never actually met a hippogriff.

They're such friendly, lovable creatures. More affectionate than any dog, able to be nearly as independent as a cat. Fun to play with, they don't really grow as big as reported. Unless all the ones I've seen have been babies, I suppose, but I tend to doubt it.

Yes, I want to get a pet hippogriff. It'd make the ideal pet.. if only...

'scuse me, does he come in red?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home