Monday, August 02, 2004

A Reptile In My Eye

I saw a lizard. I've seen lizards before, but it continues to surprise me. Which itself is rather amusing, as I had a housemate that had a pet lizard. And lots of crickets, that was decently annoying. Crickets love making noise, and when they discover that somewhere behind and to the right of the washing machine is a good place to live, it makes watching TV more difficult. Maybe it'd've been better if we'd lived in a larger apartment.

But last week I saw a lizard. It wasn't like over the summers at camp. There I saw many a lizard too. Generally running up the outside of the brick fireplace, terrifying the girls, both campers and counselors. Well, some of them anyway. Which made it a lot of fun, making fun of them for their fear. The counselors. Not the campers. It's not nice to make fun of campers when you're older and wiser. Well, I was older, at least. Than the campers, not the lizards. Well, probably than the lizards too, but I can't be sure. They never had to fill out forms to live on the campground.

I've seen lizards in the zoo, too. But they're generally incredibly lethargic and fairly slow. They don't have to work at all for their food. Well, they don't have to work any more than learning to ignore the tap-tap-tap-tap sound that happens most of the day. And that's a lot of work, too; I'd probably go insane. Maybe they would too if it were a drip-drip-drip instead of tapping.

But that's not the lizard I saw. I did see a lizard, though. I think. It may have been a shadow. It was kinda' small, and gone really fast.

I saw a lizard. Even if it wasn't really a lizard. I still saw one. And I see bunnies in the clouds, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home