Thursday, July 22, 2004

Time's On My Side... But The Contractors Aren't.

By inverting a couple of words in a statement, one can often find a corollary.  If "all roads lead to Rome" then obviously "/no/ roads lead /from/ Rome".  If "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" (Martin Luther King, Jr.) then "injustice everywhere is a threat to justice somewhere" (me).  Ok, so that one's a bit more obvious.  But I have a new favorite as of today.

"If it's not fixed, don't break it"

Way too many people spend way too much time breaking things that are already broken.  I've been guilty of this myself, because it's so much fun to break an already broken friend.  Laughing while she lay in a puddle of mirth on the floor, very much fun.  But this happens from world leaders to the guy that tries to break..err..fix my kitchen sink.

So I call on the world to stop breaking things that're already borken.  Stop messing things up that are already in bad shape.  All this wasted time could be put to better use in so many other ways.  By saving all this time, all the objections to adding my face to Mount Rushmore are removed!

Well, all the important ones anyway.  That whole "not a U.S. president" thing I'm not even going to /try/ to "correct".  I like it better this way, thank you very much!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home