Sunday, July 11, 2004

Red Light. Green Light.

I can't claim to understand.

So I went driving tonight, drove up to the city. I went dancing up there, but that's another story. Anyway, I went driving. Driving, city, as expected, there was this stoplight. But that's about where the proper expectations ended.

I so don't understand.

So I pull up to the stoplight, and as I approach it turns from green to yellow to red. Of course. Not really what I was hoping for, but common enough, I can cope. I was planning on swapping out my CD anyway.

I really don't understand.

Because about half a second after the light hit red, it went back to green. It's not that there was noone waiting. In the oncoming turn lane, there was a car. So there should have been a left turn for them. In the incoming lane, there was a car, so they should have had a green.

I truly don't understand.

But neither of those cars got to go. Nope, my light changed. From red to green. Right after changing from green to yellow to red.

I won't ever understand.

But that doesn't mean that I'll like it any less.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, that is definite proof that you have a true psychic ability. Street lights are very susceptible to psychic "encouragement". However, this encouragement rarely works right after the light has just changed, so you are clearly strong, and should use your ability for the benefit of all mankind. (That was not meant to imply that womankind, fuzzy bunnykind, unicornkind and pet rockkind do not deserve your assistance just as much).

10:56 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

Actually, I think it's my car that's psychic, and I'm just its side kick.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home