Saturday, July 03, 2004

Well, It's Not Santa

There I am, still in my pajamas, minding my own business and playing a computer game when I hear a key in my front door. Or my neighbors front door, I think at first, but as time goes and the key keeps rattling around, the door banging, I realize that my first guess was correct, there's someone trying to get into my apartment.

Being 10am, I wasn't too worried that it was a burglar. Well, being 10am and the person trying to get in being obnoxiously loud about it. And with several people having just moved into the complex, I figure someone's probably got the wrong apartment and will realize their mistake shortly. And I don't feel like pausing my game. So I continue to ignore the shaking of my front door.

And they're still there.

Finally, I give up. I pause my game when I hear the person starting to knock. If they've not figured it out by now, I should send them on their way, let them stop wasting their time. So I get to my front door, open it, and ask, "hello?" of the person in my doorway. She sees me, gives a shriek, and /then/ glances at the number on my door. Comprehension dawns as she apologizes before running up the stairs to the apartment above me.

What kind of person wastes a handful of minutes trying to use a key in a lock that it obviously doesn't open without checking the number on the door?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home