Sunday, June 20, 2004

A Jewel-Encrusted, Gold-Plated Dining Room Chair

So I watched Mr. Deeds Goes To Town, which I recommend seeing at least once. Anyway, it brings up the question, "what would it be like to inherit a huge fortune?"

I think that I could come up with some good uses for an inherited fortune. But uses that wouldn't cause other people to think I'm insane? Hmm, I guess that removes the choice of swimming pools full of green jello. But there're still things left.

So, if I had a bazillion dollars (that is enough that I could buy whatever I want without having to worry about saving because I'd still have a bazillion left), there're a few things I'd have on my "to-buy" list.

First, a cat. I'd really like to have a cat, but I currently don't. Not that I couldn't, but rather I'm not at my place very often, so I figure it wouldn't be fair to a cat that would have the place to itself most of the day. But if I had a bazillion dollars, I could take it /with/ me places, and if they tried to remove me because of the cat, I could just buy the establishment.

Second, a rock. Or, well, several rocks. See, I have several board games, and most board games require pieces. But some of my board games are missing their pieces, which could be replaced by really well-cut diamonds or emeralds or even uncut hunks of limestone. So I could replace them now, but if I had a bazillion dollars, I might even manage to find people to play the games with me. Without other players, replacing the pieces would be silly.

And third, I think I'd get a chair for my dining room. Maybe even a table. Because when people come to watch movies, we run out of seating, and having more seats would be good. Although I suppose I might just buy an actual house if I had a bazillion dollars, but really all I need is another chair.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

See and if I had that much-all I really want is a new coffee table.

Q

6:36 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

And some fancy coffee to go with it at least?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home