Wednesday, July 21, 2004

A Frontal Lobotomy

Last night, my knee decided to tell me "no." Most body parts shouldn't have a mind of their own, but my knee (both knees, actually) do. And it told me "no." Which reinforced my belief that most body parts shouldn't have a mind of their own.

As most of them apparently /do/, whether they should or not, I find myself wondering.. what do they think? The things I put my eyes through, they've got to wish that they could talk directly to my hands. My feet have got to want to talk to my legs. My heart probably wants to run screaming, but that'd be way too much work for it. So shuffling off making a whimpering noise would be about all it could manage to do. Well, if it could shuffle. Or make a whimpering noise. But it would /like/ to run screaming.

But my knees, I'm not sure why they're complaining. My feet have more reason to complain than do they, but my feet are just fine with it. No, it's my knees that argue with me. And argue very forcefully too.

Why must they have a mind of their own, and where can I get them a lobotomy? I can do enough thinking for the rest of me, thank you very much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

It is really the toenails. They are the brains behind the operation. Listen to the little conspiracies....lalalala.

Q

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's the feet, they really should let me know themselves. But they just keep taking it. I think that the knees are just a couple of complainers that don't want to do any work and would rather sit around in a lawn chair taking in some rays all day long, maybe with some lemonaid and cookies, although they can't actually make use of them, instead of actually getting up and doing anything, even the work that needs to be done but they'd rather sit around instead of doing it.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

Bah, how'd I hit the "Anon" checkbox?

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home