Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Don't Fire 'Til You See the Whites of Their... Trunks?

Stumbling home last night, I wasn't drunk, just really tired. Midnight again, and I've not had nearly enough sleep any night for the last month. Why I stayed out so late, yet again, I'll never know. At least this morning I did manage to sleep in slightly, but midnight was still the wrong time to be getting in.

I obviously wasn't the only one that thought so.

Stumbling down the sidewalk, almost made it home last night, when what should I hear but a miniature sleigh and... err, sorry, wrong story. It's "appear" anyway. What should I hear but a rustling in the leaves above my head. Too small to be a squirrel, too focused to be the wind, I knew that something was there.

Of course, I didn't have much time to think about it.

Stumbling under the tree last night, I wondered for a moment about the rustling above my head. But just for a moment, and then it stopped. Still, I had a second to think before....

*THUNK*

Stumbling around last night, my head hurt. One should never come under attack from a tree. It's not health, although it is vaguely conducive to curing insomnia. Whatever that tree threw at me, if it had been just a wee bit bigger, I wouldn't've been stumbling around. If it'd been just a tiny bit bigger, I'd've decided that was a great place to take a nap. Which wouldn't be good, never take a nap in the line of fire.

And whatever you do, be wary of trees. They have great aim. My head hurts.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

I could not sit on my porch for three weeks.
June Bugs. Horribly clumsy creatures. I am not sure if it is blindness or stupidity.
I hate them.
When June Bugs Attack!
Movie Blockbuster...

Q

3:15 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

I'd rather have those attack than trees. At least you expect it from the bugs. Trees are masters of sneak-attacks. And dropping things from multiple stories above hurts!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home