Monday, July 12, 2004

Passing Lane

So there I am, driving down the road at a good pace. Four lanes in either direction, decent speed limit and very little traffic, so I've got my cruise set. Catch up with this car, so I decide to pass. Merge over a lane, and overtake the other driver.

Of course I'm unable to merge back into my preferred lane. As soon as my back tire is even with his front tire, he speeds up. Just a little. Just enough that it takes a while for him to overtake me.

Well, to the point that his back tire is about even with my front tire. And then he slows back down. Yup, until our tires are even again. But just until, before again the speed comes on.

So back and forth, forward and backward, a good fifteen miles must have been traversed as he was incapable of selecting a more constant velocity. Fifteen miles of me wanting to merge back into the other lane.

Fifteen miles of me not caring enough to turn off the cruise.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

I like the bus.

Q

8:55 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

Yuck. Only if it has bits!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

No, I am sure he just ended up turning off the next side road.
And I can just imagine what was there.

Q

7:34 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

He ended up passing me /because/ I reached my exit. So what was there was my home. Yay, blessed sleep!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home