Friday, July 30, 2004

Remember, Before You Leave Home...

I went to the park yesterday. Most Thursdays I go to the park, but yesterday was notable. Yesterday was a high-traffic day at the park, people coming, people going, but mostly people just passing through. And boy, were there a lot of people passing through.

Most of these people were only notable for their numbers. Groups of five, ten, fifteen, more than I normally see in the park on a Thursday. Most were notable for that reason, and pretty much only that reason. Well, that and their matching t-shirts. There's got to be a company that's rich off the proceeds from selling such t-shirts. Most were notable for those two reasons. And pretty much only those reasons. But certainly not all the odd people wandering through the park.

Like the guy that was most notable of all. So noticeable that I had to try really, really hard to ignore him. The guy that was trying to be the most inconspicuous, but when one's facing the bushes, trousers around knees..well, let's just say they're hard to miss. And he was trying /so/ /hard/ to blend in with the lightpost. But it was a guy! With his trousers around his knees! Making improper use of the shrubbery. No matter how hard I tried to not notice him, I failed, and boy did I ever try.

Of course, what made it even harder not to notice was the restroom in plain sight twenty feet down the path. I guess that he couldn't wait in the non-existent line. Or sometimes I guess that twenty feet is fifteen feet too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home