Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A /Real/ Man

I was confused this weekend. That often happens to me. Especially in airport restrooms.

You see some of the oddest people in airport restrooms. My last trip, it was the old lady that wandered into the men's room and couldn't find her way back out again. She didn't seem to speak English, and was horribly confused by the full-length mirror on the end wall. She couldn't seem to get through it, but just knew that that had to be the way out. But I suppose if she's that confused by a mirror, I shouldn't be surprised that she was confused by the whole "men's room" concept.

I am glad I didn't see her again this trip. That would have scared me. And possibly scarred me, it takes a lot of therapy to get over something like that, y'know. No, I didn't see her.

Nope, this time I saw a kid. Couldn't have been more than four, I'd say, but I'm bad at guessing ages. Although I'm often off in excess of ten years, I know that's not the case this time. But maybe he was five.

However old he was, he apparently wanted to be "just like dad". Tried to walk the same, talk the same, y'know, all that. Even dressed the same. Well, not really, but he /did/ have the earring, just like dad.

Not just any earring, either. It was a (hopefully fake) diamond as big as his head! Or the size of his nose, maybe, but still really large. Way too large for a kid that size. I was surprised he didn't fall over.

So this time, in the airport restroom, I saw a five-year-old kid that's more of a man than I. Unless it was magnetic or something--I know I don't want to bother with the pain of getting /my/ ear pierced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home