Thursday, January 27, 2005

Play Back that Last Line, Please

I know I had something to say, but can't seem to remember what it was. With my memory being the way it is, I'd think that I was getting old, but then I am reminded that I've always had this memory of mine. So either I was born old, or I fear the things that I will no longer be able to remember when I actually begin to forget.

Or maybe I'll start forgetting that I just woke up, and fall right back asleep. Maybe I'll forget that I just /had/ dessert and will take another. Maybe I'll forget the end to several of my movies so I can see them again, for the first time.

Or maybe I'll forget that I've been awake all day and never go to bed again. Or I'll forget that there /is/ dessert, and never have any more. Or forget what movies are and find something more useful to entertain me.

So maybe being forgetful won't be so bad. I suppose someday I'll find out, and then I'll be sure to let everyone know. It could be a breakthrough in the scientific world. "Forgetful People Live Longer, Fuller Lives!" It may even restructure a whole field of work (head-bashers)! So I'll have to be sure to let everyone know how things turn out.

Assuming, of course, I remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home