Wednesday, January 19, 2005

...And I Feel Fine

Civilization is soon to collapse. This has been claimed many times over the last several millenia, I am sure. But signs cannot be ignored any longer. No matter how much I wish they could, for I tire of reading them.

It wouldn't be so bad if the signs were spelled in at least a readable form, if they used actual capitalization and punctuation, if they didn't have more emoticons than actual text. It would be nice if the writers of these signs knew you didn't have to follow a single period by a couple more...or if they realized, that commas, don't, have to, go, everywhere. Unless you're trying to sound like Shatner, just to make a point.

But even then mocking is expected.

I tire of reading these signs and look forward to the day that civilization has collapsed. I look forward to the day when we can begin anew, when we can mold society in a form that not only accepts but also embraces proper usage of the words 'they're', 'their', and 'there'. I eagerly await a world in which I can use 'accept' and 'except' and know that people won't get the two confused.

I eagerly await such a future, until the moment I realize the only reason language will no longer be abused is that lanugage will no longer exist.

And realizing such a future is inevitable, I sigh and return to my work until yet again I can hope for the lack of degredation of language.

As long as nobody minds my litle excentrisitize an misplelings, 4 i no whut im say'n an so shud u.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home