Thursday, January 06, 2005

Little Raindrop, Why Are You Crying?

The world is a horribly confusing place. Things just plain don't make much sense. Often, being a guy, I have thought that women were probably the most confusing part of the world too. But today I realized that about half of the world thinks that they understand women decently well, so there are things that are more confusing out there. Like why rain falls down.

I asked a friend today, why does rain fall down. And the depth of my question was obviously misunderstood as the answer that I recieved was 'gravity'. So rain falls because things are pulled down. But _why_? What makes rain fall?

And then I realize women and rain falling are actually related. I'm pulled toward them much like the rain (or I guess even I) am pulled toward the world. See, I have decided that nothing wants to be alone. Everything is afraid of that vast emptiness. So we rush headlong toward whatever can save us from that. It isn't really the world that's pulling the rain toward it, but rather the rain is fleeing the sky in terror.

Yup, I've gained insight into the world today. But it has also made me sad, for I also realized...

...the rain never misses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home