Thursday, December 02, 2004

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are

I have decided that I'm a big fan of the sun today. It's often not true that I'm a big fan of the sun, sometimes it's too bright, sometimes it's not bright enough, sometimes it's too warm or too cold. But today, I'm a big fan of the sun. It's fun, watching the shadows creeping across the ground, stretching and growing and making really odd shapes when they hit the hill across the street and make it look like the building's even odder in construction than I initially believed.

But mostly, today I found out about the Digital Sundial. Ok, so it can be argued that it's still not really digital, as it isn't a discrete transition from one time to another, but I don't care. I still think it's really neat, and firmly believe that we should be able to find one of these when we're excavating some ancient Mayan ruins.

But even if not, sometime after our civilization has fallen into ruins and our descendants are trying to learn about us from the litter they find piled high beside the road, they'll one day find one of these.

The digital sundial all by itself is going to completely wreck all future theories of the 21st-and-a-half century, as if those were being used then, we've obviously not yet discovered electricity and therefore are even more ignorant savages than believed so it's unsurprizing that we were ruled by the evil shoe corporations.

Yes, I'm a big fan of the sun, for the more advanced we become the more we hide from and ignore it. But that's ok, it hides from us pretty early thesedays.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silik said...

It's hard to burn out on Christmas. Especially when I'm generally busy with other things and don't spend as much time as I should just enjoying the season. I really need to put my own Christmas tree up this weekend, though.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home