Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Frosty the Sockman

Every year my mother asks me what I want for Christmas. Being December now (whoops, I need to get around to updating the date on my watch!), it's probably time for me to make sure she's got that list. Otherwise I may just end up with a couple hundred socks. Which itself wouldn't be bad, 'cause I'm sure there are lots of fun things that one could do with a couple hundred socks. Even if they're all the plain ol' boring white tube socks, although I've a friend that tells me pink bunny socks are much, much better.

I tend to not believe her.

But even if they were plain ol' boring white tube socks, or actually especially if they were such, I can think of a few good uses for them. The first and most obvious one being a snowball fight. Given the distinct lack of snow, a sock rolled up in a ball makes a good snowball, without all the wet coldness.

These do, of course, have some slight drawbacks, I suppose. Snowballs tend to refrain from gathering holes when you wear them for extended periods of time (I have yet to see a snowball with a hole in it). And socks are missing that wet coldness when you throw them at someone else. Snow doesn't cause as much lint-dust. And socks have to actually be cleaned up after. When's the last time the sun melted away a sock-man?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home