Thursday, January 27, 2005

Give Me a Weekend!

I woke up this morning to one simple thought. "Friday!"

Oops.

But when you look at the rest of the week, it kinda' makes sense, since I thought yesterday was Thursday and Tuesday was Wendesday. I'm still trying to figure out why I thought that Monday was Saturday. I also wonder what I'll think tomorrow is. Probably, Monday.

But then, how do I know that today wasn't really Friday? How do I know that I didn't sleep for an extra day, along with the whole rest of the world? How do I know that yesterday wasn't really Tuesday some twenty years 'ago'? Other than the fact that I don't really yet need a haircut, that is. Well, that, and that I didn't wake up hungry.

Unless what I think was yesterday did actually occur twenty years ago, and I've just forgotten the rest of it. But that wouldn't explain why the rest of the world thinks the same as I do (that today's Thursday, not Friday).

Of course, I suppose the best way to solve this conundrum is simply to ask Occam. But he's out shaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home