Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fresh Air and Late Mornings

I happened to be coming in to work late, and as I walk, I have time to enjoy the smell of freshly-cut grass, the sounds of birds chirping in the trees, the sights of a car stopped in the middle of the road with the driver running around it madly. And the sights of the tiny dog, running around the car just as fast, just a few feet in front of the driver. Sights I certainly wouldn't have seen, had I made it to work at my normal time. Or if I'd driven in, as that leads me down a different route, down a path more-traveled.

Maybe if I were to walk in later more often, I would have a more interesting morning commute. Maybe tomorrow there will be a boat floating down the road, or a tree dropping things on random passer-byers. Money grows on trees, you know. And parrots eat nuts and fruit. Maybe I should change my schedule, and begin to work later days, if only for the more interesting commute.

But then, I'm planning on working later. Planning on coming in later, staying later, waking later, sleeping later. Which I've done before, but this time, I'm expecting to do so without changing timezones.

Somehow, though, coming in later then will be different. I will no longer be walking in then; I'll be in a car. And I doubt I'll have worked for a couple hours before deciding it's time to actually come in to work. Oh, and the dog's been returned to its owner, so no more cars should need to stop so their drivers can chase it. But maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe next time it'll be a parrot.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home