Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the Monster From the Deep

Driving down the road that night, I saw it standing there

Flailing arms and gaping maw, it had a glowing eye

Lightning struck and thunder crashed, revealing scales of green


The monster soon was to step forth, then trailing slime and sludge

This I knew and this I feared, hoped dark my car would hide

Knowing yet that one false move, my life he then would take


Quick to pass for pass I must, I simply flew on by

The monster coming from the deep, my car it might not see

Or so I hoped as breathlessly, my car and I did speed


Past I got and safe I was, I had my hands and feet

He spared my life that stormy night, my head I got to keep

Free from fear and terror known, behind me I did seek


Driving down the road that night, I saw it standing there

Branches swaying in the wind, moon streaming 'tween the leaves

Lightning struck and thunder crashed, revealing leaves of green

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home