Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hitchhiking

I find in my life than incoherency can be one of the major problems of communication. Which when I state, seems obvious, but up until the moment I put it down, I hadn't really considered it all that much. Probably due to my mind being preoccupied with other, much more interesting and seemingly-useful thoughts (exactly how big can a corndog be before it's too big to stay on the normal corndog-sized stick? And how does one cook a corndog that large? And how much catsup/ketchup/sugary-tomato-paste do you need for such a corndog? How can I make a corndog exactly that big...but no larger?)

But as my mind wanders to such interesting thoughts, I can find it difficult to keep it on the matter at hand. And as I grow increasingly sleepy, I find it increasingly easy to discover my mind wandering to such increasingly interesting thoughts. And the less I think about here-and-now and the more my sleep-induced musings grow, the less I seem to make sense to those around me. Since I'm nearly always growing increasingly sleepy, the levels of my incoherency occasionaly manage to approach unbounded heights. Which in itself is impressive.

Although my thought procesees can be most entertaining and amusing for myself, mumbling about the stench of the space remaining in a clown car on Venus is unlikely to be much for continuing the conversation that happened to be about parakeets. Unless the parakeets are dying from the stench, but that's only been shown to happen when around clown cars parked in Venus' caves, a circumstance and location most certainly not covered by the conversation at the time.

And so my mind wanders, and I cannot seem to find myself making sense to anyone but me. Sadly, my mind started wandering again sometime last May. If anyone happens to see it, please send it home. I'd like it to find its way back before I move.

If it's not stopped wandering soon, I fear I'm going to confuse everybody by discussing the merits of underwater pens and the ways tuna have found to make use of them. Please send it home...unless you're into that sort of thing.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home