Friday, April 07, 2006

The Sugar Bowl

I love candy. I mean really, who doesn't? So much yummy sugary goodness, but that's just the tip of the iceberg in why candy's so good for you. Candy can make me happy when I'm feeling sad. That's why I keep a whole bunch of it onhand; that way, any time I even vaugely think that I'm starting to be a little bit blue, I grab a handful and hit another sugar high. Candy makes a rainy day pass by quickly, keeping me from getting bored. What's filling this chocolate? Hmm, let me try! Ooooh, strawberry. What's filling this chocolate? Hmm, let me try! Mmmmm, more chocolate. What's filling this chocolate? Hmm, let me try! Mmm..err...ugh! Cricket! What's filling this chocolate?

So I have a candy bowl at home that I try to keep filled. Sure, this means that I have to run back to the store every day or two, but hey, it's worth it to see the look of joy on..err.. my own face as it's covered in a layer of sticky goodness. Mmm, candy. I'm a really big fan of candy.

The main problem with candy, I suppose, is that it's like a drug. Not that I know from experience, but I've seen all those after-school specials and in-class brainwashing sessions. I know that the more drugs you take, the more you need to take to get the same 'sugar high'-ness. And I know that when you come down from your 'sugar high', you crash horribly. And that you frequently get a little bit for free, but after your bucket of razor-filled Halloween candy has been eaten and you realize it's still eleven an a half months before you can get some more, you've got to pony up the big bucks just to get your sugar fix.

Yes, I love candy. But sometimes I think they need to at least put warning labels on each candy bar. Or at least stop leaving it just sitting out at work...I'd be so much more productive in the afternoon if I didn't waste half of it in a candy coma.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with a perfectly good "candy coma". I love candy, in fact, I am going to have a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg right now. Mmmm...yummy chocolate peanut butter goodness.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Mmmm... Reeses Peanut Butter Egg... That sounds good. I think I'm going to get one of those for myself now, too. Mmmm... Candy coma... *drool*

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know - it's the day after bunny-day. Great time to get some of the cheap-stuff!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

Alas, there was no Easter candy where I was.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home