Thursday, March 30, 2006

Animal Bands

The things I see on my way to work. I'm frequently glad that I drive, otherwise I probably wouldn't notice the cop chasing down speeding cars, or the one blocking traffic on the freeway by attempting to take up all 4 south-bound lanes. But for the most recent incedent, I was sad that I didn't yet have my shiny new camera.

And this one had nothing at all to do with the police!

Some kids dress up in all-black clothing and apply enough hairspray to flood a small country in the hopes of getting their oddly colorful hair to defy gravity, some kids think that the term 'punk' is a term of endearment or affection. Personally, I think they're insane, but I've seen them around. Apparently humans aren't the only ones whose youth follow this practice.

Walking down the street, doing my yearly "please don't step on the snails, because that crunching sound is horribly depressing" dance, I stumbled and almost squashed the first punk snail I'd ever seen. It wasn't using massive amounts of hair spray, but it had spray-painted its shell hot pink.

I just hope that next time I pass by, I don't have to hear its garage band. "The Snails" have to be at least as good as "The Beatles", though, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home