Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Law of the Wild

And there I was, on my way to work. It was a great day out; perhaps a bit chilly, but not cold enough to stop me from walking. I'd just crossed the freeway and hit upon the new intersection when it happened. I wasn't expecting it, and am glad I didn't start to cross the street as soon as I had the right of way, because that's when the little silver car decided to blow through a red.

Red light, that is, not red car.

I always dislike when people do that, when people think that they're more important than anyone else, and that they shouldn't have to follow the rules that are there for everyone's safety. I always am saddened and wished I lived in a world where people cared about each other and not only that they were able to shave thirty seconds off their drive (that they had to waste a block down the road sitting at another light anyway).

So I saw the cop drive past with a possibly shameful bit of glee.

And there I was, on my way to work. Somewhat pleased as the law was out attempting to keep the streets safe. But I apparently wasn't the only person pleased with developments, as whilst crossing the street I noticed someone running up from whence the policeman had come, stopping in the middle of the road to gaze at where the cop had gone. And then I saw him cheer.

I just wonder if it was because the cop caught the silver car..or because he didn't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wish it would always happen like that. My friend and five other people in the town got their cars stolen all in one night about a week ago. Fortunately, my cop friend says they have gotten some leads - hard to do, and my friend did have insurance.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home