Friday, March 24, 2006

Like Christmas, 1999

It's that time again. Time for my semi-un-not-really-regularly "I'm here and alive, honest!" post to my blog to make sure the two mice that haven't yet figured out how to jump on the keyboard to get back to surfing the web don't give up on me. It's time to post something, whether or not I have anything to say. And it's not that I have nothing to say! That's not really the reason that I'm never posting! It's just that I can't seem to remember what it was that I was going to talk about.

That's one of the downsides of walking to work, all by myself. I have these nice half-hour conversations with myself (interspersed, of course, with comments like "WATCH OUT!" and "Um, that car's on fire"), in which I solve the mysteries of the universe and learn how to make more money. You want to too, right? Sure, we all do!

But then by the time I've managed to finish my walk, I realize that although I had had some incredibly deep and profound thoughts, I was suddenly distracted by that snail crawling across the sidewalk, and can't remember how to solve Fermat's Last Theorem.

Thankfully, I can simply look that one up.

But the myriad of other things I mean to post get forgotten. And then while I still have them fresh enough in my brain, I get sidetracked by that bane of existance known as "email".

Not of the personal variety.

No, that I'm way behind the times on too. I'll make myself take the time out to take care of all of this stuff, and start posting on my blog again. But first, I really need to get these "Merry Christmas" emails out. Finally done with '98, time to start sending for 1999.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...didn't get my 1998 email...the monkey that uses my computer must have deleted it!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

You really need to hire a better monkey. Or a better computer, preferbly one that's monkey-proof.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home