Monday, April 03, 2006

The Three-Year Plague

I didn't break any this time. We went to an amusement park, and I didn't have a single ride break down on me, either while I was on it, or waiting to be on it, or even while I was just walking by. My super power is gone.

It might help that I didn't ride many rides myself, and only manage to break the rides when I'm wanting to ride them. I rode the wooden coaster a few times, and the one water ride that was working once (although the other water ride, the one ride I /really/ wanted to ride, was shut down before we even showed up.) If I'm not riding rides, they're much less likely to break.

Yup, I avoided rides like the plauge this time. I don't like roller coasters, and the ones that spin and twist and turn and throw you upside down, tossing you out of the car, only to catch you "safely" on the ride back down, well, those rides I avoid. Like the plague. Which is odd, as I haven't yet avoided the plague.

Nor do I really know how I'd go about avoiding the plague. Sure, if I saw it walking down the street, I'd probably go ahead and cross to the other side. Or if I saw it riding the bus, I'd call a friend for a lift, or try to catch the train. But since I've never seen the plague, I fear it's going to be somewhat hard to avoid.

So I guess that by avoiding something like the plauge, it more means that I do just fine avoiding it by doing nothing special, and manage to survive with no inconvienence to myself or change in my lifestyle.

So maybe I didn't avoid the roller coasters like the plague. I stood around and watched them for whole minutes while I waited for the ride to finish so we could move on to something else. It's the price I pay for going to an amusement park with someone that loves to ride those silly things.

I didn't avoid them like the plague. I watched them tolerantly, unable to change their course, but wishing that I could do something to make them better. No, I didn't avoid the roller coasters like the plague this weekend.

I more avoided them like an annoying three-year-old child.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

No roller coasters?!?! What's the use?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

The dolphins, of course.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home