Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Don't Salt the Sidewalk!

Apparently it was a good day for a stroll. I can't really say it was apparently a good day for a walk, for none of the snails I saw were walking. I suppose it's rather unlikely that they were strolling either, but at least it /feels/ like they were. But only because it seems like snails do something between a walk and a roll.

On the sidewalk, I was surprised to see a snail. I haven't seen them that large in quite a while. It looked like the size of the ones they serve in fancy resteraunts in those movies where ordinary people go eat somewhere expensive. They always serve snails there, but why would an ordinary person actually want to eat snails? Just to show that they're eating somewhere fancy? How many people that frequent those resteraunts actually partake of that part of the menu, or is it simplay on there for the ordinary people that get to try something new? If /I/ had the kind of money to eat regularly in that type of establishment, I'd have to make them get a hamburger. If I had the kind of money to eat there frequently, they'd probably even do so to keep my business.

But it was a good day for a stroll, for after I saw that first snail, I noticed there was another in the path of my shoe. So I moved slightly to avoid it, only to narrowly avoid yet another. Move, avoid, move, avoid, I finally found somewhere safe to set my foot, and discovered I had to repeat the process. Repeat the process, or pretend that I'm in an Indiana Jones movie walking on fortune cookies. I prefered to repeat the process. Dodging spikes jutting out of the ground doesn't seem like a healthy start to the day for me.

It was the snails' day out. And mine too. But they're the lucky ones, they got to spend the whole day in bed. Of course, /I/ get to eat potatoe chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home