Friday, February 25, 2005

On Existence and Being

I find myself pondering, today, what it would be like to spend my life as a cloud. It's not that I have a choice in the matter..well, not a very good one, anyway. As if I were to become a cloud, I think it would probably be the end of my life, but that likely depends on your definition of several things.

So ignoring all of that, which I am good at doing, I ponder existence as a cloud. Well, an intelligent cloud, for otherwise I wouldn't really think it's much worth pondering. For if I were to become a cloud and then not know what I was, could be, or had been, it would be pretty much the same as if I ceased to be.

So ignoring that too, I find myself pondering existence as an intelligent cloud. Not that such things truly exist, or if they do they're good at keeping their intelligence secret. And they're good at not minding when they cease to be, for such happens to them fairly frequently. But yet, I think I could be an improbabilitiy, and even if not, I can pretend.

So ignoring those, ignoring the fact that I could never be, I find myself pondering my existence as an extant intelligent cloud. The places I'd go, the things I'd see. But never quite as bizzare as just being me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home