Friday, August 20, 2004

One Moment In Time

Often have I wanted time to just FREeezzeeee..



...at some instant in time. I want time to stand still, because I know that things are just going to go downhill from there. Local maxima shouldn't exist, every day should be the best day of my life. But they do, and it isn't, so sometimes I just want time to stop, to let it be for just a little longer.

I've decided that I must design a new camera. A camera whose pictures not only remind you of a certain time, but let you re-live that instant of time indefinitely. A camera that you can carry with you, and in the middle of that awesome moment, that wonderful instant of time, during that unbearable lightness of being, you can whip out that camera and take a picture. Surprise birthday party? Just won the lottery? First kiss? Perfect times to whip out a camera and allow yourself to be there, forever.

Of course, it's possible that I may have not actually thought this through thoroughly. That the thinking that trumpeted this theory then toppled. It's possible that these might not be the proper times to actually whip out a camera.

Yes, there are certainly instants I'd want forever that would be..well..inappropriate.

But still, it seems like a good idea. Even if, being stuck in that instant, I would really cease to be--I could do nothing else, I couldn't even acknowledge the passage of time, for time cannot pass in an instant.

In that moment, for me to live it forever, I would necessarily cease to be.

But at least I'd cease happy. *click*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home