Monday, May 17, 2004

The Great *fizzle*

A topic of discussion that came up a while ago was that of superpowers. Every person should have a superpower. Reading minds, flying, running really really fast, sleeping through anything, these are the common powers.

The less common powers include things such as the power of guessing correctly (incredibly powerful, the one I want), and the "Field of Dean", a field which nullifies all logic within its radius. Also incredibly powerful, but way too common, it would seem.

I'm still working on how to go about gaining a superpower of my own choice--if I had the superpower I desire, this obviously wouldn't be much of a problem. Sadly, my current superpower isn't the one I desire, and I've yet to figure out how it actually works.

Imagine a dark stormy night, clouds covering the sky. All along the street, the only light comes from the streetlights dotting the path. One by one, they turn off as someone passes underneath, only to turn back on once they're again free.

Imagine a computer that works..occasionally. When they're not busy rebooting themselves or randomly turning off. Hard drives that occasionally randomly lose their data.

Imagine a life of constantly confused electronics. That's me. Generally a pain, there's got to be a good use for it. But if you can't pick your own superpower, I suppose I'd rather be a walking EMP generator than be able to bend spoons.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home