Saturday, May 15, 2004

Fashionably Late

I want to be the Doctor when I grow up. Not "a doctor", but "_the_ Doctor". As that position's taken, I'd be willing to settle for just being a generic time lord, as long as I can go gallivanting around space and time in a police call box and a colorful scarf.

Admittedly, the Doctor had several regenerations, and most of them did not have the colorful scarf, but it's one of the things he's most remembered for. I'll be talking to people that haven't seen the show, but they'll still be able to make the connection between the scarf and a large blue time-traveling box. Although I suppose that may have just come from talking to me for so long, but that doesn't make having a lengthy colorful scarf any less useful.

Not only would it keep your neck and the lower half of your face warm, given the length the top half of your face and likely most of the rest of your body can be kept comfortable on even the coldest day. When you're traveling with your companions and one of them accidentally falls into quicksand, you don't have to search for something to throw to them. When little Billy falls down a well, you can lower Lassie after him to get the dog to stop barking. And if your love gets trapped by a minotaur in a huge maze, you'll have no worries about finding your way out. (Throw in the sonic screwdriver, and you might live long enough to do so!)

Sadly, even though I've been told that I can be anything I want to be, becoming a time lord with a police call box and a long colorful scarf is beyond my abilities. I'm still working on integrating time travel into the call box, but at least I can get myself a nice long colorful scarf.

Until I finish up with that time travel thing, I'm going to persist in being late. But once I get my scarf, at least I can be fashionably so.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home