Thursday, May 13, 2004

Early Edition

So I was watching Early Edition the other night (you know, the show that has the guy that has the cat that has the newspaper that has tomorrow's news..today), and I remember how much fun it can be. Although this episode didn't have much of that tomorrow's news today going on, and mostly had Gary in politics, I found myself wondering, what would I do with tomorrow's newspaper?

I admit, having played Anomaly, I've done a bit of thinking about ways to use tomorrow's information, although most of my thinking there was more directed a bit further to the future, and less dependent on the information. And I suppose was directed toward making money--a nearly homeless assistant janitor's assistant (in training) can't do much traveling without money, and when the time cops kick you out of San Francisco, you've got to do some traveling. But really, would it be a Good Idea to try to make money off of the newspaper like that?

Should one worry about being noticed, investigated, found out? Would the free money be worth all the trouble you'd have to go through to get and keep it? Am I just being too paranoid for my own good? I don't know, but it's fun to ponder. Even in the show, a few people think it's somewhat suspicious that Gary is able to help so many people out, but between episodes they, for the most part, seem to forget. What would happen in real life if someone was able to do this? I somehow doubt that anyone would be able to go around rescuing people for more than a week before they were noticed, investigated, and the paper confiscated, them being requisitioned by the government, or some other unpleasantness happening. If you can't use tomorrow's information for more than a few days, be really selective in the days you do use it.

Of course, then I realized.. The cat brings the paper, its reason and probably the best use of the paper has got to be kitty-litter lining.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home