Tuesday, July 26, 2005

And Cerebus Only Had Extra Heads!

So why is it that the spider loves living behind my mirror?

I really didn't mind too much to start, if he wanted to live inside my driver's side rear-view, that's ok. He might just want to travel and see the world. He might not realize gas is insane, and so I refrain from using my car whenever I can. He might have been kicked out of his home, and as my mirror was unoccupied, it seemed as good a place as any to call his own. And to start with, I didn't mind.

I let him live there, and even felt somewhat bad when I did take my car out places, the wind blowing and ruining the web he left. But he was safe, cozy on the inside of the mirror. Perhaps he wanted groceries for the wife and kids, and was looking to hitch a ride to the store; whyever it was, I really didn't mind.

At first.

I used my car less, he used my car more. He paid for all the gas he used, but that's not why I began to mind. He was seldom seen /or/ heard, that I did not mind. I couldn't get into my car without going through a maze of sticky webbiness, that I did begin to mind. And mind it I did. I gave him warnings, I told him he was being evicted. I tried to make his house less desireable, but he continued to ignore me.

Finally I gave in, I managed to frighten him away, I once again had my car free and clear, no more worries of being attacked.

But of course, I was dumb, I scared him away onto my parking spot. And now I am afraid. I've not been back in much too long, he's probably moved back in.

But then, I suppose he's cheaper than hiring a guard dog.

3 Comments:

Blogger msevangeline said...

spiders are slightly annoying, aren't they? *smiles* You write wonderfully.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Silik said...

Sometimes. Most frequently when you go to lay in bed at night and then you roll over and you see something crawling up the wall two inches from your nose and then you scream and jump out of bed and get your feet tangled in your covers and so you slip and fall and hit your head and then you sleep. You might fall asleep faster that way, but it's still annoying.

9:19 AM  
Blogger msevangeline said...

or..if you're in the bathroom. ANYWHERE in the bathroom. I especially hate when I'm in the shower..and AHH spider right there trying to get all farmiliar with me. I don't mind spiders, I'm not afriad of them. I just don't want them in my bathroom. I especially don't want them in my food.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home