Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Oh, By the Way...

I've yet to read "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It seems like it might be useful, if it actually gave good advice. But I'm guessing that a lot of the good advice is mostly common sense. You know, things like "Be friendly" and "Get to know your doorman". Things that you don't really need to read the book to understand.

Yet, people still buy.

So I've got to write a book myself. I'll be a bazillionare. I'll be able to go on a three-month around-the-world cruise every two days! I'll be able to swim through a vault of gold coins like Uncle Scrooge.

Or at least that's my plan this year. So today I'll start writing my book, "How to Be Smart and Know Everything." I'll use my own life as a blueprint for the book. I'll market it to new college students, they'll all want one so they can be smart and know everything.

Since I'm so smart and I know everything, I find myself realizing that people might claim this plan has a somewhat minor hole in it. That, of course, being that college students are notoriously under-funded. But this is where my true genious comes through, this is where the evidence of me being so smart and knowing everything shines. College students are already paying a gazillion dollars a semester on books. $29.95 to be smart and know everything is quite a bargain then. I'd much rather spend $29.95 to be smart and know everything than a gazillion dollars to know a little bit about a subject, material that will change by the end of the year.

Not only will my book singlehandedly increase the intelligence across the world, but will also greatly reduce post-college debt and improve the standard of living. So, this seems like a wonderful idea.

For the next year. And then I still have plenty of time for many more goals by the time I'm thirty.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know when you have a rough draft, and I'd be glad to proofred it for you. I'm really goood at that.
-Alethea

8:00 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

But beign smart and knowing everything would imply that I wouldn't need a proofreader, and so anyone finding out I had one would lower their confidence in my abilities, thus making them ignore my book under the belief that I couldn't truly know what I was talking about. Promise you won't tell anyone?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love your blog, I will be reading it frequently now. I would totally read a book about how to be smart and know everything. How else do you get throught the collage years right?

Cheers

10:08 AM  
Blogger Silik said...

Well, I've been posting a lot less frequently than I used to. But there's a year's worth of posts laying around, that might keep you entertained during a couple week's worth of classes, at least.

Or maybe it'll just put you to sleep. Either's good, I find.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home