Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Cat Capacitor

I like kittens. Fuzzy bundles of joy, they're so much fun to watch and play with. But there's one problem with them, that I see. Now most people probably don't think that it's a problem, and actually think it's good. But that's because most people aren't me.

Kittens have way too much energy.

It's not possible that something that small and fuzzy can possibly have that much energy on its own. It can't be storing it up, otherwise one would expect to see kittens walking around with their hair sticking straight up. So I think that kittens are master thieves, stealing energy from their unsuspecting victims. When it starts purring, that's just the sound of it sucking energy from the nearest available source..generally me. This is why I'm so tired.

But I don't blame them, they can't help it. They learn, as they get older, to control themselves. To pull energy from more specific sources. Their purr gets more mellow. And they do /try/ to generate energy. Why else would they spend so long licking themselves, building up huge reserves of static electricity, unless they had some way to convert it into a more usable form?

So even though kittens constantly drain my energy, I still love them. They're so much fun to watch, and make much better use of the energy than I. And it's nice to know I'm good for something, even if it's just a cat's capacitor.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home